MARRIAGE RE-CERTIFICATION OVERVIEW: This service is applicable to couples who got married not in line with the provision of the Marriage Act (2004) and wish to obtain the Federal Marriage Certificate in accordance to the MARRIAGE ACT, CAP M6, VOLUME 8, LAW OF THE FEDERATION OF NIGERIA (2004).
The Re-Certification of your Marriage Certificate would grant you the following:
- Recognition of your Marriage under the Law, MARRIAGE ACT, CAP M6, VOLUME 8, LAW OF THE FEDERATION OF NIGERIA (2004).
- Express recognition of your Marriage Certificate for Embassy Visa interviews and Immigration purposes.
- Identification number of your Marriage Certificate secured in the National Database.
- National Identification number per couple.
- Recognition of your Marriage Certificate to access Federal Government of Nigeria services.
PLACE OF WORSHIP RE-CERTIFICATION OVERVIEW:
In accordance with the MARRIAGE ACT, CAP M6, VOLUME 8, LAW OF THE FEDERATION OF NIGERIA (2004), all Places of Worship need to be licensed in order to conduct marriages legally in Nigeria. A Place of Worship can only be licensed by the Ministry of Interior.
The eCITIBIZ portal works to make this licensing process more efficient. All Marriages would be registered and stored in the eCITIBIZ database.
The activities that can be performed on the eCITIBIZ portal is:
- PLACE OF WORSHIP RE-CERTIFICATION: The Ministry of Interior also has the duty of licensing Places of Worship, in order to enable them legally conduct Marriages in Nigeria. A license Certificate that is valid for Five (5) years is issued after the application has been approved. This first Certificate is valid for Five (5) years and renewable every three (3) years after the five (5) years period.